Don't Forget The Heart That's On The Floor

Suffocate me with your steel strong hold,
Clasp your hand around my neck and choke me,
Drag your claws across my skin and make new scars to match old,
Bruise my skin with rough hands for all the world to see.


Pull my hair and crunch my bones beneath your feet,
Clench your fist and collide it with my face,
Set my body on fire because I hate the heat,
Rip the skin from my body and remove every trace.


Then stop.
Collect my shedded snake skin and sew it up brand new,
Place it over my head like cotten tops,
Watch me with your aqua blue.


Lift the covers and turn out the light,
Kiss mahogany tresses atop my head,
Wrap your arms around and hold me tight,
In our lovers bed.


Carry the heavy weight you have forced upon my shoulders,
Remove the scars from my skin you have made,
Replace the light you stole from me as we grew older,
And watch the sunset sadness fade.


Promises are made and you say 'never again',
But promises have always been broken,
You are my lover and friend,
And all my words are spoken,

As I repeat 'never again'.

No comments:

Post a Comment