Let Me Get Those Ruby Red

The devil taunts and teases inside my soul as I resist and refuse is ever holding embrace,
Crushing my fragile bones underneath his burning hands as he refuses to release me,
Dragging me along the road paved with good intentions as I claw and grip onto smooth surface,
Fuming heat beneath my hands, face and feet as he pulls me backwards with his taloned hooks.

And far along the road less travelled I can see the form of light,
I belong to the darkness in the tunnel and my opening is getting further away,
Until I am trapped far inside with nothing but the devil's warm breath across my back,
Nothing but his ripping claws to scar my skin and rip my heart from my chest.

All of good is gone and that beam of light travels further away than I can see,
Devil Demon picks up speed and launches me onto his buckled back,
Piercing my skin with every step he takes towards his home land,
He drags me along refusing to release and I give in.

Letting him pull the light from inside and smother me with darkness instead,
Let him reach his hand into my chest and tear my beating heart from inside,
Chewing it with his sharp teeth and watching as I bleed upon the floor below him,
I have given in.


The dark demon has won and there is no light beyond the tunnel for I live in the empty hole that is my chest.

No comments:

Post a Comment